James Hardie siding is an industry leader. They use fiber cement siding to make your home look beautiful. However, there’s more to fiber cement siding than just looks. In this article, we’ll go over some of the benefits of fiber cement siding so you can determine if it’s the right choice for you.
- Fiber cement siding is durable. Resistant to fire, heat, moisture, insects, and almost any other natural hazard, fiber cement siding can withstand the elements while also helping with insulation. It will not rot, warp or crack. Due to this natural ability to withstand nature, fiber cement siding lasts many years. There’s not much maintenance required either.
- Fiber cement siding is inexpensive. It’s often less expensive than wood and stucco although it can sometimes be more expensive than vinyl. However, it requires less maintenance and can withstand more of the natural elements than vinyl can so it might save you money over the course of its lifetime. You can really save money on installation. Fiber cement requires just a simple process of attaching the siding panels to your home’s vertical support beams. This cuts down on man hours and labor expenses.
- Fiber cement siding is versatile. This material comes in a wide range of colors and textures. Fiber cement siding can mimic wood or vinyl in looks. Wood versions have textured grains so it looks and feels like real wood. You can also get fiber cement siding in different shapes and sizes. It can, therefore, resemble shingle siding. That way you can vary your siding panel’s length and width.
- Fiber cement siding is easy to paint. This type of siding comes from the factory with primer already applied. As soon as the siding is installed, you can apply exterior paint if you want. You could also have the siding painted in the factory with any color you want. That way, you’ll only have to do a touch-up painting every few years or so.
- Fiber cement siding comes with a warranty. Because it’s so durable, fiber cement siding comes with a warranty. The warranty could last a decade or more depending upon the product you go with. James Hardie, in some cases, offers up to a 30-year warranty on its products.
With all of these benefits, you can’t go wrong with fiber cement siding from James Hardie. The product is durable, inexpensive, versatile, easy to paint and backed up with a warranty. 21st Century Roofing & Painting specializes in James Hardie fiber cement siding. Give us a call today at 512-219-0342 for more information.