We offer professional and affordable siding for your home or business!
Installation is a sensitive process because of the materials you’re dealing with, and how it must specifically be attached to your home. Siding must be installed rather loosely (due to shifts in weather that change the size) and you need the correct materials to properly cut it. The most common mistake from people that hire inexperienced companies or go the DIY route is that the placement of the materials is wrong. The side of your home and essentially the entire look of your property from the outside is up to a correct job!
We’ve talked about how we install siding, but did you know we also repair it? Reach out to get a free estimate on how much it will cost to handle your siding repair work. Just like with our installation, our repair work is done efficiently by a team of professionals that have been doing this for a long time.
Professional Austin Siding Contractors
Get a no-hassle free estimate today – we stand by our prices and service. To read more about our siding, check out our in-depth Austin siding page about what you can expect when we show up to install it on your property. Siding Page Picture21st Century Painting and Roofing offers a full line of James Hardie products. We will provide you with a written, detailed estimate on your project(s) with styles of materials to be used.
Standard process for re-sides:
- Remove existing siding.
- Inspect studs for damage.
- Install house wrap.
- Install new siding and trim in areas removed (with materials specified in the estimate).
Siding repair & rotten wood replacement
Not good with wood repair? Let the professionals at 21st Century Painting take care of your siding installations and to repair or replace any rotten wood. We use Hardiplank siding and can replace any rotten wood that needs to be replaced before the paint is applied.
- We will need access to the driveway to load materials
- Be prepared for the noise!
- Removal of loose items from wall shelves and walls: pictures, plates, and figurines. Hammering may create vibrations that shake these items off of shelves and walls.
- Remove all items from around the house where debris may fall: patio and pool furniture, potted plants, gardening equipment, and grills. We try to protect the plants but many times the layout of the landscape prevents us from doing so. Leaves or blooms may be knocked off plants near your home during the job.
- Please check your power breakers and outside electrical outlets to make sure they are operating correctly. We will need to use power tools.
- Keep small children and pets away from the work area.
- 21st Century Painting and Roofing will roll yard, sidewalks, driveway, patios and flower beds around home to make every effort to pick up loose nails and debris.
Types of Siding
There are a few home improvements that can improve the appearance of your home as well as the value and the ‘curb appeal’ real estate agents so often talk about as getting new house siding. 21st Century Painting & Roofing is a contractor that deals specifically with James Hardie products as it’s the standard of the industry. We perform window installation as part of our process, should you have need of that as well. We offer up to $1,000 off Hardie products as a general promotion so make sure you ask us about it when you call.
With the James Hardie Siding, we work with all major brands of it. James Hardie products are fiber-cement based. We’ll provide a little information about the James Hardie siding types we work with here:
- HardiePlank Lap Siding – This is the most popular siding in America. It can be found on over 5.5 million homes. It's strong, durable and beautiful. HardiePlank lap works within all climates. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes and comes with a 30 year nonprorated, transferable, limited warranty.
- HardieShingle Siding – It looks just like warm and authentic cedar shingles. However, it resists rotting, cracking and splitting. HardieShingle is Engineered for Climate® just like all other brands of Hardie products. The material can withstand a home’s weather challenges. The shingle comes in a variety of decorative edges. It comes in individual siding shingles and is ideal for smaller coverage areas. The fiber cement shingle also comes with a 30 year, nonprorated, transferable, limited warranty.
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding –This fiber cement vertical siding provides both value and durable performance. It will stand up to your climate’s harshest conditions. Usually, you combine this product with HardieTrim boards for a traditional board and batten look. The vertical siding, like the other brands, comes with a nonprorated, transferable 30 year limited warranty.
- HardieTrim Boards – These add a beautiful finishing touch to a Hardie-sided home. They provide unmatched durability and allow you versatility. You can create a wide variety of design possibilities for trim, gables, corners, fascia, windows, doors and more. HardieTrim boards have a 15 year, transferable, limited warranty.
- Hardie Soffit Panels – They are available in a vented and non-vented version in a range of pre-cut sizes. They are noncombustible and come with a 30 year, prorated, transferable, limited warranty.
- Artisan Exterior Design – This architectural grade line features Artisan® Lap and Artisan® Accent Trim products. Backed by 15 years of research, this patented technology provides a product with superior structural integrity and gives discriminating home owners the opportunity to express themselves through the highest design levels. They deliver superb finish to a luxury home.
21st Century Painting and Roofing will also work with these types of products upon request. Because they are NOT of the James Hardie variety, please note that the up to $1,000 off promotion does NOT apply. Our promotion only applies to James Hardie products. We will work with these types of materials from other manufacturers should you decide that you don’t wish to work with the James Hardie products. They are:
- Cedar – depending on the pattern choice, Cedar can be high-priced . However, it is durable.
- Pine – cheaper than cedar, pine holds paint well. Requires regular maintenance because it Is prone to rot.
- Composite – appears like traditional wood. Can take a variety of finishes. Engineered so it’s very durable. Much more economical than hardwood.
- Horizontal Lap Siding – the cost can vary depending upon the materials used. Usually comprised of wood, this material is installed by nailing through the sheathing into the studs and not through the overlapping edges.
- Board and Batten – refers to the treatment done to vertical boards on the outside of houses. Batten covers up the seams. This is the most common and simplest type to install. It can last up to 30 years.
- Wood Strip Siding – must be installed with a continuous waterproof membrane behind it. Various types of wood used. Price depends on wood combination. Can be relatively cheap or very expensive.
- Log Cabin Siding – must seal all sides to make waterproof. Water damage could be extensive otherwise. It’s engineered for minimal waste and measuring. Pre-finished can save you time and money in the installation.
- Shake Siding – usually comprised of different types of wood like cedar, pine and redwood, shake siding is rustic-looking and very durable. The installation process is relatively easy although it takes a while. Prices can depend on what part of the country you’re installing in as well as the finish you choose on the product. It’s generally a middle of the road pricing structure on the scale.
- Shingle Siding – can last 30 to 40 years depending upon the material used and the location of installation. Redwood and cedar are among the most common. It’s potentially flammable and you must make concessions for that. It can come easily undone in high wind conditions and they need to be replaced more often than other types of siding which makes it more expensive, over time.
- Staggered Siding – consists of small pieces of wood attached vertically to an exterior wall. Cedar is fairly inexpensive but wears out over time. You can replace only the shakes that are damaged, not the entire structure.
For your information, 21st Century Painting & Roofing does not work with the following materials:
- Seamless Vinyl
- Vinyl Stone
- Vinyl Rock
- Vinyl Brick
- Rock Veneer
- Brick Veneer
Whatever type of product we decide upon together, you can trust that 21st Century Painting & Roofing has the experience and know-how to get the replacement job done to your satisfaction. You can trust us. Call us at (512) 219-0342 today to set up your siding installation service. Remember – we do windows too!
Choose the Right Siding (R-Value)
When it’s time to choose the right siding, be positive you’re looking at the most important factors that will have you end up with the perfect fit for your home. They range in complexity, but we’ve broken it down to bite-sized tips for you!
Environmentally Friendly - R-Value
You can check something on siding called the R-value, a measure of thermal resistance. You want the highest r-value you can find! When the number is higher, it is directly correlated with the product's ability to keep the outside... outside!
Heat and cold will both have more trouble getting into your home when your siding is beefed up with a great R-value. At the very least, you want a rating of two. A higher number will be more environmentally friendly, save you money in the long term, and have plenty of insulation to ensure maximum protection.
How powerful is the siding? It’s an important question - one that sometimes can be directly related to how much you’re willing to spend. A quality home contractor will be able to go over all your options and let you know how powerful select brand’s offerings are. Budget and whittle down your choices!
After all the key function factors check out on your personal satisfaction with the siding you’ve decided on, it’s time to imagine how it will look with your home. Does a certain brand come in the perfect color, or can the vinyl be painted up to look just how you want? Have you gone with a cement product that you want to leave as-is? As you can tell, you have lots of important factors to consider when evaluating the look!