We offer professional and affordable siding for your home or business in Austin, Bastrop, Round Rock, and all of Central Texas!
Siding Installation Services
Installation is a sensitive process because of the materials you’re dealing with, and how the siding must specifically be attached to your home. Siding must be installed rather loosely (due to shifts in weather that change the size) and you need the correct materials to properly cut it. The most common mistake from people that hire inexperienced companies and contractors or go the DIY route is that the placement of the materials is wrong. The side of your home and essentially the entire look of your property from the outside depends on the knowledge of our professional installers. There's no reason to worry when you hire 21st Century Texas for the job!
Austin Siding Repair and Rotten Wood Replacement
We’ve talked about how we install siding but did you know our contractors also repair siding as well? Reach out to get a free estimate on your siding repair work. Just like with our installation, our repair work is done efficiently by a team of professionals that have been doing this for a long time.
Not good with the wood repair? Let the professionals at 21st Century Painting take care of your siding installations and repair or replace any rotten wood. We use HardiePlank siding and can replace any rotten wood that needs to be replaced before the paint is applied.
Professional Austin Siding Contractors
Get a no-hassle free estimate today – we stand by our prices and service. 21st Century Painting and Roofing offers a full line of James Hardie products. We will provide you with a written, detailed estimate on your project(s) with the styles of materials we plan to use.
Standard process for re-sides:
- Remove existing siding
- Inspect studs for damage
- Install house wrap
- Install new siding and trim in areas removed (with materials specified in the estimate)
Tips for Readying Your Home for New Siding
- We will need access to the driveway to load materials.
- Be prepared for the noise!
- Removal of loose items (pictures, plates, and figurines) from wall shelves and walls. Hammering may create vibrations that shake these items off of shelves and walls.
- Remove all items from around the house where debris may fall: patio and pool furniture, potted plants, gardening equipment, and grills. We try to protect the plants, but many times the layout of the landscape prevents us from doing so. Leaves or blooms may be knocked off plants near your home during the job.
- Please check your power breakers and outside electrical outlets to make sure they are operating correctly. We will need to use power tools.
- Keep children and pets away from the work area.
- 21st Century Painting and Roofing will roll yard, sidewalks, driveway, patios and flower beds around your home to make every effort to pick up loose nails and debris.
Types of Siding
Installing new siding on your home is one of a few home improvements that can improve the appearance of your home, as well as the value and the ‘curb appeal’ real estate agents so often talk about. 21st Century Painting & Roofing is a contractor that deals specifically with James Hardie products as it’s the standard of the industry. We perform window installation as part of our process, should you have need for that as well. We offer up to $1,000 off Hardie products as a general promotion, so make sure you ask us about it when you call.
James Hardie products are fiber-cement based. Here is some more information about the James Hardie siding types we work with:
- HardiePlank Lap Siding: This is the most popular siding in America. It can be found on over 5.5 million homes. It's strong, durable and beautiful. HardiePlank lap works within all climates. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes and comes with a 30-year non-prorated, transferable, limited warranty.
- HardieShingle Siding: This one looks just like warm and authentic cedar shingles; however, it resists rotting, cracking and splitting. HardieShingle is Engineered for Climate® just like all other brands of Hardie products. The material can withstand any home’s weather challenges. The shingle comes in a variety of decorative edges. It comes in individual siding shingles and is ideal for smaller coverage areas. The fiber-cement shingle also comes with a 30-year, non-prorated, transferable, limited warranty.
- HardiePanel Vertical Siding: HardiePanel vertical siding provides both value and durable performance. It will stand up to your climate’s harshest conditions. Usually, you combine this product with HardieTrim boards for a traditional board and batten look. The vertical siding, like the above brands, comes with a non-prorated, transferable 30-year limited warranty.
- HardieTrim Boards: These add a beautiful finishing touch to a Hardie-sided home. They provide unmatched durability and allow you versatility. You can create a wide variety of design possibilities for trim, gables, corners, fascia, windows, doors and more. HardieTrim boards have a 15-year, transferable, limited warranty.
- Hardie Soffit Panels: The Hardie Soffit panels are available in a vented and non-vented version and in a range of pre-cut sizes. They are noncombustible and come with a 30-year, prorated, transferable, limited warranty.
21st Century Painting and Roofing will also work with the following types of products upon request. Because they are NOT of the James Hardie variety, please note that the promotion of up to $1,000 off does NOT apply. Our promotion only applies to James Hardie products. We will work with these types of materials from other manufacturers should you decide that you don’t wish to work with the James Hardie products. They are:
- Cedar: Depending on the pattern choice, cedar can be high-priced; however, it is durable.
- Pine: Cheaper than cedar, pine holds paint well. It does require regular maintenance because it is prone to rot.
- Composite: Composite appears like traditional wood and can take a variety of finishes. It's engineered so it’s very durable. It is also much more economical than hardwood.
- Horizontal Lap Siding: The cost on this can vary depending upon the materials used. Usually comprised of wood, this material is installed by nailing through the sheathing into the studs and not through the overlapping edges.
- Board and Batten: This refers to the treatment done to vertical boards on the outside of houses, where batten covers up the seams. This is the most common and simplest type to install. It can last up to 30 years.
- Shake Siding: Usually comprised of different types of wood like cedar, pine and redwood, shake siding is rustic-looking and very durable. The installation process is relatively easy, although it takes a while. Prices can depend on what part of the country you’re installing in, as well as the finish you choose on the product. It’s generally a middle-of-the-road pricing structure on the scale.
- Shingle Siding: This type of siding can last 30 to 40 years, depending on the material used and the location of the installation. Redwood and cedar are among the most common materials for it. It’s potentially flammable and you must make concessions for that. It can come easily undone in high wind conditions and needs to be replaced more often than other types of siding, which makes it more expensive over time.
The expert siding installation and repair team at 21st Century Painting & Roofing does not work with the following materials:
- Seamless Vinyl
- Vinyl Stone
- Vinyl Rock
- Vinyl Brick
- Rock Veneer
- Brick Veneer
Whatever type of product we decide upon together, you can trust that 21st Century Painting & Roofing has the experience and know-how to get the replacement job done to your satisfaction. You can trust us. Call us at (512) 219-0342 today to set up your siding installation service. Remember – we do windows too!
Choose the Right Siding
When it’s time to choose the right siding, be positive you’re looking at the most important factors that will have you end up with the perfect fit for your home. They range in complexity, but we’ve broken it down to bite-sized tips for you!
Environmentally Friendly (R-Value)
You can check something on siding called the R-value, a measure of thermal resistance. You want the highest R-value you can find! When the number is higher, it is directly correlated with the product's ability to keep the outside...outside!
Heat and cold will both have more trouble getting into your home when your siding is beefed up with a great R-value. At the very least, you want a rating of two. A higher number will be more environmentally-friendly, save you money in the long term, and have plenty of insulation to ensure maximum protection.
How powerful is the siding? It’s an important question, one that sometimes can be directly related to how much you’re willing to spend. A quality home contractor will be able to go over all your options and let you know how powerful select brand’s offerings are. Budget and whittle down your choices!
After all the key function factors, think of your personal satisfaction with the siding you’ve decided on. This is the time to imagine how it will look with your home. Does a certain brand come in the perfect color, or can it be painted up to look just how you want? Have you gone with a cement product that you want to leave as-is? As you can tell, you have lots of important factors to consider when evaluating the look!
Contact Our Austin Siding Professionals
If you live in Central Texas and need siding installed or repaired on your home, be sure to get a complimentary estimate from 21st Century Painting & Roofing. You can call us at 512-219-0342 or click the button below to reach us online. We can't wait to get started on your siding project!