We only use the best materials to give you a long lasting interior paint job. We let you choose what paint you would like to use to complete the job. Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, Pittsburgh paints and Benjamin Moore are some of the top brands we use. As Austin’s premier interior painting company offers high quality products for high quality jobs.
Quality Painting Materials and Attention to Details
A great interior paint job is all about the attention to details. You need to make sure you have sharp paint lines, that the texture is just right and there are enough coats to make sure the old color does not bleed through and that all trim and floors are covered to prevent paint splatter. We make sure that all of our employees at 21st Century Painting and Roofing are experienced painters that can make sure it is done right the first time.
What we kindly ask of our customers:
- That all pictures and other small items be removed from areas to be painted prior to job beginning.
- Closets emptied prior to our arrival if they are to be painted.
- Electronics disconnected prior to arrival.
- Keep pets away from areas being painted until paint is dry.
- Carpet and furniture are covered for your protection while working.
- Blinds and drapes removed and put back upon completion.
- Drywall repairs, tape float and texturing performed if included in contract.
- Nail holes spackled and enamel surfaces lightly sanded prior to painting.
- Job site is cleaned daily and all furniture put back upon completion.
Preparing for Interior Painting in Your Austin Home
Preparing your room for interior painting is an action that can save you time and money. It will help save the furniture in the room and make it easier for you to keep precious photographs in optimum condition. In this article, we’ll go over prepping your room for interior painting so that you can have the room ready for us to paint when we get there.
- Remove all furniture and items on the walls if you can. The more items you can get out of the room, the easier it is for your Austin interior painters to work. It’s also going to provide you with peace of mind because there will be fewer items that could potentially be ruined by paint in the room. (Note – if you can’t remove all items from the room, try to put them in the center of the room and cover them with canvas covers. This will protect them from paint as well.
- Thoroughly clean the room. Make sure the floor is swept and mopped if it’s a hardwood or laminate. Vacuum if you have a rug. Get rid of cobwebs and dust. The room should be spotless. Wash the walls as well. Surface dirt can cause poor adhesion. Use a light detergent to wash soiled surfaces and make sure you clean the detergent off the wall as well. Also wash your doors and trim. Wipe them clean with a damp cloth and allow them to dry before you have the room painted.
- Cover your floor so no paint splatters fall on it. You can cover your floor in a wide variety of mediums, but we suggest canvas paint covers. Why? They’re reusable and durable.
- Scrape any cracked or flaking paint with a paint scraper. If you notice other imperfections on the walls, like bumps, you can smooth them away with sandpaper. You can also fill in any holes with a lightweight spackle.
- Put paper around the edges of the room. This can help protect the area near the trim so it can be done neatly and cleanly.
Contact Austin Interior Painters Today!
Contact us today by calling 512-219-0342 to get started on your estimate quote request for your interior painting job. We will work with you every step of the way to pick out the right paint, proper colors and design elements to implement the perfect interior painting project for you. Got a funky idea to keep Austin weird? Not a problem! Our interior painters love to keep this town quirky and fun and would love to help bring that idea to life.