Our team uses only the best materials to give you a high-quality interior paint job. We let you choose the type and brand of paint you would like to use to complete the job like: Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, Pittsburgh paints and Benjamin Moore.
At 21st Century Painting & Roofing, we guarantee that all of our employees are experienced painters that can make sure it is done right the first time. As Austin’s premier interior painting company, we offer high-quality products for high-quality jobs.
What To Expect Before, During and After Painting:
- Carpet and furniture are covered for your protection before working.
- Blinds and drapes removed and put back upon completion.
- Drywall repairs, tape float and texturing performed (if included in contract)
- Nail holes spackled and enamel surfaces are lightly sanded prior to painting.
- Job site is cleaned daily and all furniture put back when the job is done.
Preparing for Interior Painting in Your Austin Home
Preparing your room for interior painting is an action that can save you time and money. Below, we’ll go over prepping your room for interior painting so that you can have the room ready for us to paint when we get there.
- Remove all furniture and items on the walls if you can. The more items you can get out of the room, the easier it is for our Austin interior painters to work. It’s also going to provide you with peace of mind because there will be fewer items that could potentially be ruined by paint in the room. (Note – if you can’t remove all items from the room, try to put them in the center of the room and cover them with canvas covers. This will protect them from paint as well.
- Thoroughly clean the room. Make sure the floor is swept and mopped if it’s a hardwood or laminate. Vacuum if you have a rug. Get rid of cobwebs and dust. The room should be spotless. Wash the walls as well. Surface dirt can cause poor adhesion. Use a light detergent to wash soiled surfaces and make sure you clean the detergent off the wall as well. Also wash your doors and trim. Wipe them clean with a damp cloth and allow them to dry before you have the room painted.
- Cover your floor so no paint splatters fall on it. You can cover your floor in a wide variety of media, but we suggest canvas paint covers. Why? They’re reusable and durable.
- Scrape any cracked or flaking paint with a paint scraper. If you notice other imperfections on the walls, like bumps, you can smooth them away with sandpaper. You can also fill in any holes with a lightweight spackle.
- Put paper around the edges of the room. This can help protect the area near the trim so it can be done neatly and cleanly.
- Make sure closets are emptied if they are to be painted.
- Electronics in the area disconnected prior to arrival.
- Keep pets away from areas being painted until paint is dry.
Contact Our Austin Residential Interior Painters Today!
Contact us today by calling 512-219-0342 or get started on the estimate for your interior painting job by requesting it online. We will work with you every step of the way to pick out the right paint, colors and perfect design elements to implement your ideal interior painting project. Got a funky idea to keep Austin weird? Not a problem! Our interior painters would love to help bring that idea to life.