Vinyl siding is one of the most popular sidings for the home. There are many reasons for you to choose vinyl siding for your home. It’s durable, beautiful and functional. In this article, we’ll go over 7 such reasons you should make the switch to vinyl siding.
1) Vinyl siding is low maintenance. Vinyl siding requires an occasional cleaning here and there. You can use 1/3 cup powdered laundry detergent, 2/3 cup powdered household cleaner (think Spic and Span or Ajax), 1 quart liquid laundry bleach and 1 gallon water to give your siding an epic clean. Use a long-handled scrub brush, of course, when applying this mixture. Then, hose off to finish. Power washers can also be used but be careful not to shot upwards behind the panels. You don’t want to get the wood of your home’s interior wet.
2) When vinyl siding fades, it’s just a slight difference. If you don’t like how it looks, you can always paint it (see the best paint for vinyl siding). Need tips for painting vinyl siding? Click the link. We’ve already done an article on that for you.
3) Vinyl siding will increase the “R” value of your home as well as stopping drafts. This is especially true if you use insulated vinyl siding or apply a high “r” board to your home prior to siding.
4) Vinyl siding will add style to your home. There are many trim accessories you can choose from. They will allow you to change the entire exterior style of your home if you so choose.
5) Vinyl siding can withstand the elements. Many vinyl shingles don’t absorb water. They are also impervious to insects. They can even withstand winds up to 200 mph.
6) Vinyl siding can be energy efficient. Some vinyl siding reflects radiant heat and reduces thermal conductivity to keep your house cool in summer.
7) Vinyl siding can be noise resistant. There are certain types of vinyl siding that reduce noise up to 45 per cent. That’s perfect for blocking out street noises like your neighbor’s garage band.
So, as you can see, vinyl siding is a great option for your home. It is low-maintenance, noise-resistant and can withstand the elements. Picking a great vinyl siding for your home will also improve its curb appeal and, if you’re trying to sell, that’s a great eighth benefit.