Professional Austin Painters
If you need your home or business made over with a fresh coat of paint, there’s no better time to plan than now. We offer free estimates that are truly no hassle, so you have nothing to lose when you get in touch with us.
Locally Owned and Operated
21st Century Painting and Roofing has been serving Texas since 1996, and we are dedicated to giving our customers the finest service and workmanship. We work with both commercial and residential jobs, and our service area includes the entire central Texas area. Let a 21st Century professional bring your home or building into the 21st Century!
We offer free, no-hassle estimates!
Read more about our painting services:
A perfect interior painting job has many factors, but one of the main factors that help you achieve that flawless look is when you have a consistent and thorough application of quality paint. When the best painting materials (along with years of experience) are utilized for your interior modification ideas, great things happen!
Depending on the size of your property, Exterior painting can be a multi-step process. We invite you to look at our work examples and feel confident in our high level of detail and quality.
Our residential painting professionals are detail-oriented, and we understand the value of delivering quality work on time and within your budget. so you can get back to living in your home as soon as possible.
When commercial painting work the stakes can be higher. Budgets can be strict and schedules can be tight, sometimes even more so than residential jobs. We get that! We always take great care in ensuring that you can go about business as usual and work with the business owners to create a plan that delivers on neatness, time efficiency and more.
Paint Selection Options
We’re here to work with you on selecting the best painting options. We carry all the top brands and will make sure that you are completely satisfied with your paint choice before you commit to having us efficiently and professionally cover an interior or exterior area with the color!
Not quite sure what you’re after? No problem! We’d love to throw some ideas your way and see what might be of interest to you. We’ve been painting in the great state of Texas long enough to have collected a few awesome ideas and tips that we love passing on over to our customers.
I was thrilled with the job! I bought 8 hours of painting through Angie’s List. The two guys got a lot done and did it professionally. They also educated me about why I had some problems with different paint jobs over the years. It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say I was thrilled.
Excellent excellent, work done by two crews! After our kitchen remodel nightmare we were very frustrated so many things were not done right by another company. When century came in for the painting they exceeded my expectations and did a superb job, they did so good we even had them paint the whole inside of the house. Even my daughter’s room, pink and purple! Now we are very happy with the results and paid less than we expected. Thank you guys so much, you will have our business when we do the exterior!
We recently contracted 21st Century to refinish our kitchen cabinets and living interior walls. To be honest, there probably are less expensive options. We opted to use 21st Century again after being pleased with a similar job they performed for us 5 years ago. The work was done efficiently & quietly; the team was very polite and did a good job of cleanup afterwards. I can definitely recommend them.
Gary and his team came out to come and work on my house. I had my bathroom completely redone. They tore out the old stuff and put in new tile, bathtub & fixtures. Then he textured and did the interior paint on my bathroom & hallway. They did a great job. They showed up on time and stayed late each day to help the project move quickly. The covered everything in plastic and cleaned up very well after. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for painting, roofing remodeling.
What they did: *Exterior painting on my house in Hyde Park *Roofing Repair (insurance claim) from storm damage of a fallen tree. Why they got five stars: *Friendly & personable *Spent time to walk me through the process, didn’t seemed rushed or just wanting me to pay *Detailed bid And to top it all off they did fantastic work!
Did a great job! Guys were friendly and I would hire them again!
21st Century Painting & Roofing was the best roofing company that I have worked with. I had them come out for a roof repair, and found out that because of the way that the trees were rubbing against my roof; I needed a new roof. They were able to get the new roof done quickly and professionally. I highly recommend their services. I just wanted to give an update about additional work that I had 21st Century Painting & Roofing do. I had them come out to my house to paint my kitchen. A+ job for that as well.
Kip & Gary are awesome to work with. Our shingles blew off when the winds were strong as with most of the houses in the area. Gary still made the time to come see our damage. Gave us a fair price and did an amazing job. If I ever have a need for a Roofing Contractor in Austin, I’d go with 21st Century Painting & Roofing.
Fantastic service and great results. Best painting company I have ever worked with!
21st Century Painting & Roofing only use the best materials and highest quality paints to give you a long lasting exterior paint job. We let you choose what paint you would like to use to complete the job. Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, Pittsburgh paints and Benjamin Moore are some of the top brands we use. We are exterior painting experts.
Exterior Paint Protects Your Home
It is pretty well known that using high quality exterior paint is extremely important from you home, however most people do not know that the paint application is just as important. If the exterior surface is not prepped properly it can reduce the life of your exterior paint. Also correct application to make sure it is not too thick and not too thin will make sure it both looks good and can stand up to Austin weather. With the extreme heat, hail, rain and wind that Austin gets, your paint job is your homes first line of defense.
Preparation for exterior painting is vital!
- Your house will be pressure washed using a Bleach and Jomax house washing mixture, just washing alone will not remove built up dirt and mildew. We recommend that you wash your home at least every 2 years to remove future dirt and mildew growth and to keep your home looking pristine.
- Replacement of rotten wood if included in your contract. This can range from the replacement of 1 board to residing of your entire home depending on your needs and budget.
- Any loose paint must be scraped away before light sanding is performed.
- Prime all new and exposed wood surfaces, plus spot prime rusting surfaces.
- We inspect the condition of all caulked surfaces on home and Re-caulk areas that are failing including removing old loose caulking.
- Windows, shrubs and decking are covered as needed while working.
We only use the best materials to give you a long lasting interior paint job. We let you choose what paint you would like to use to complete the job. Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, Pittsburgh paints and Benjamin Moore are some of the top brands we use. As Austin’s premier interior painting company offers high quality products for high quality jobs.
Quality materials and attention to Details
A great interior paint job is all about the attention to details. You need to make sure you have sharp paint lines, that the texture is just right and there are enough coats to make sure the old color does not bleed through and that all trim and floors are covered to prevent paint splatter. We make sure that all of our employees at 21st Century Painting and Roofing are experienced painters that can make sure it is done right the first time.
What we kindly ask of our customers:
- That all pictures and other small items be removed from areas to be painted prior to job beginning.
- Closets emptied prior to our arrival if they are to be painted.
- Electronics disconnected prior to arrival.
- Keep pets away from areas being painted until paint is dry.
- Carpet and furniture are covered for your protection while working.
- Blinds and drapes removed and put back upon completion.
- Drywall repairs, tape float and texturing performed if included in contract.
- Nail holes spackled and enamel surfaces lightly sanded prior to painting.
- Job site is cleaned daily and all furniture put back upon completion.
Preparing for Interior Painting
Preparing your room for interior painting is an action that can save you time and money. It will help save the furniture in the room and make it easier for you to keep precious photographs in optimum condition. In this article, we’ll go over prepping your room for interior painting so that you can have the room ready for us to paint when we get there.
- Remove all furniture and items on the walls if you can. The more items you can get out of the room, the easier it is for your Austin interior painters to work. It’s also going to provide you with peace of mind because there will be fewer items that could potentially be ruined by paint in the room. (Note – if you can’t remove all items from the room, try to put them in the center of the room and cover them with canvas covers. This will protect them from paint as well.
- Thoroughly clean the room. Make sure the floor is swept and mopped if it’s a hardwood or laminate. Vacuum if you have a rug. Get rid of cobwebs and dust. The room should be spotless. Wash the walls as well. Surface dirt can cause poor adhesion. Use a light detergent to wash soiled surfaces and make sure you clean the detergent off the wall as well. Also wash your doors and trim. Wipe them clean with a damp cloth and allow them to dry before you have the room painted.
- Cover your floor so no paint splatters fall on it. You can cover your floor in a wide variety of mediums, but we suggest canvas paint covers. Why? They’re reusable and durable.
- Scrape any cracked or flaking paint with a paint scraper. If you notice other imperfections on the walls, like bumps, you can smooth them away with sandpaper. You can also fill in any holes with a lightweight spackle.
- Put paper around the edges of the room. This can help protect the area near the trim so it can be done neatly and cleanly.
21st Century Painting & Roofing is a full-service commercial painting contractor serving customers throughout Texas. Our clients range from general contractors who hire 21st Century Painting & Roofing for the painting scope of a new commercial structure to building owners and property managers who require a dependable, budget conscious commercial/industrial painting contractor to paint offices, retail stores, Schools, Churches, restaurants, Government offices, etc… Our skilled painters perform high-end retail finish outs and can also accommodate customers who need to improve aesthetics on a tight budget. Whatever your goals, we will help accomplish them. 21st Century Painting and Roofing are experts at specifying the correct product to meet the goals of your commercial painting project. Commercial painting is not just about creating pleasing aesthetics; it is also about providing a protective finish that will prevent damage to the substrate. There are far more paint options than just “oil” or “latex”. There are hundreds of products designed specifically for applications to particular substrates. Options range from Low & Zero VOC (volatile organic compounds) environmentally friendly paints to extremely durable epoxy paints and specialty urethane finishes.
Keeping It Personal
Much of our success comes from treating every job we have with complete respect. Even if a project is enormous, we gladly accept the challenge and find ways to make sure that, no matter how large the project, we make our work personalized for whatever needs must be met.
We’re known for our amazing painting service but we also have roofing available. If you need a painting and roofing project done, you don’t have to mess around with two different companies. We take care of both! That’s yet another reason that your next commercial project should keep our company in mind. Commercial projects can get caught up in common problems such as complexity and budget. We’re here to help your company with solving both of those.
Keep Austin local! We are always proud to say that we are locally owned and operated. You may have heard of some horror stories of companies swooping into Texas after some bad weather here to work on your roof. Once the job is done, they head out of town and you don’t know where to find them! We’re completely transparent in our work and want to make sure the customer is aware of everything we do for their Austin commercial painting job and why. We take painting and roofing seriously but we also know an important part of our job is to have fun with ideas – your ideas! Tell us what you have in mind and we’ll do our best to make it happen.